Tuesday 27 December 2011

Start With Yourself


The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in the Crypts of Westminister Abbey: 
''When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. 
But it, too, seemed immovable. 
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it. 
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family. 
From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world.''

Let's rewind our memories and ask ourselves: 'how much time we have wasted on changing others in the ways we wanted to' ? 

A view from Bristol -by Philip Law
To walk your own walk in this life and as you are travelling down the road, don't look down at your feet, keep your head up and your eyes focused on what you believe to be true. Be neither a follower nor a leader, you are not a forsaken, you are forgiven. When shadow exists, simply find higher ground to stand on. If you come across an obstacle or impasse, pay mind to it, but don't focus on it for too long, or your feet may sunk into the quick sand that's around it. Offer your hand to those you come across who are stuck in their personal sand traps but do not point them to the direction you think they must go, that have to be their direction, only imply to them that they are never alone, they will eventually find their ways. When you finally reached your destination and you look back, it is your own foot prints but not someone else's. You will then learn who you truly are in life. 

by Charmmy Lio

No comments:

Post a Comment